Braintree Payment Processing Setup
In order to process online payments, you will need to create a Braintree account and enter the API credentials into the Rental Investor site.
1. Signup for a Braintree account at https://www.braintreepayments.com/
2. Enter your information
3. Enter your business information
4. Enter your processing information
5. Enter your banking information and submit the information
6. Login to your Braintree account and select Account and then User from the top menu
7. Locate the “API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys” section towards the bottom of the page. Select View Authorizations.
8. Inside API Keys, if there are no keys currently generated, Generate new API keys now. If you already have keys, then select view under Private Keys.
9. These are your keys from Braintree and must be inserted into Rental Investor in order to successfully process your payments. You will need the public key, private key, and merchant ID from Braintree.
10. Log into Rental Investor. On the main dashboard, select “Settings” and then select “Tenant Portal”.
11. Ensure environment is set to “Production” to enable actual payment processing. If you created a sandbox account in Braintree, then select “Sandbox”. Enter your Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant ID into Rental Investor. Then click update. This completes the setup needed to enable online payment processing.